Youth international folk music camp – III edition
SICILY, JULY 25th – AUGUST 2nd 2021
“Ethno Sicily” is a musical, intercultural and international project, that will bring together young musicians so that they exchange the traditional music of their cultural background and share. Based on non-formal methods and peer-to-peer teaching, each musician teaches their piece to the others, by oral transmission. The result is a multicultural orchestra which plays pieces from all over-adapted with the influences of each participant.
The 2021 edition, from Sunday, July the 25th (arrival/registration) to Monday, August the 2nd (departure), will bring together around 30 participants from all around the world, aged 18 to 30 years.
They will gather for 7 days for various activities which aim to:
● rehearsals for musical creations (standard Ethno music workshop, every day), following the rule of Ethno;
● final concert with the whole group featured in the program of our international folk and world music festival Alkantara fest;
● Jam sessions with artists involved in the festival;
● leisure time for excursions and visit around the historical sites, including the sea and Mount Etna.
LIMITED SLOTS: ONLY 30 APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED!
All instruments welcome (including voice).
It is possible to get an official invitation by our organization, if you have a music school or academy or university which supports your travel expenses.
Cost (PayPal accepted):
EU citizens: € 250 / non EU citizens: € 200
– including, 7 day pass for Alkantara fest, activities, concerts, meals & accommodation
Age: 18 / 30
Location: OASI MADRE DEL DIVINO AMORE
Via Pietralunga, 61 – 95019 Zafferana Etnea (Catania)
Festival: SOTTO I PINI
via A. Diaz, 208 – Pisano (Zafferana Etnea, Catania) – Tel. +39 (095) 956696 – Mob. +39 (340) 6738926
International Ethno World website
Application via Mubazar up to May 31st: please click the application form below