Saturday, Aug. 4 h 20:00 sotto i Pini
“To be flamenco is to have different flesh, soul,
passions, skin, instincts and desires;
a different way to see the world, with a great sense;
fate in the conscience, music in the nerves,
independent strenght, joy with tears,
and the pain, life and love obscuring;
to hate routines, impending rules;
to be lost in the song, wine and kisses;
to turn your life into a subtle art just for
the sake of caprice and liberty;
without accepting the fetters of mediocrity;
offer the utmost;
to taste, give, feel yourself, to live! That’s it.”
– Warming up
– Exercises to develop the consciousness of the body and the isolation of the different parts of the body
– Flamenco hand-, arm-, foottechnics, basic corporal technics
– Modern choreographies with flamenco elements
Graduated in modern choreography at the Hungarian Dance Academy and Master of music therapy at the University of Alcalá de Henares.
Maria develops her own method of teaching dance based on achieving a balance through learning mixed dance languages (flamenco, contemporary) and on free, creative and personal expression in a therapeutic way.
She worked five years as a professor using her method in the Exploring Center of the dance and flamenco art of Novi Sad (Serbia), in the Flamenco Association of Pécs (Hungary) in the Octopont Dance Academy (Budapest, Hungary) and she has been holding short flamenco workshops and seminars in Serbia, Hungary, Croatia, England, Germany, Norway, Japan and Spain since 2002.
Maria has been the creator and director of “Nuestro aire” company since 2007 and ”De Cobre” company since 2010. In both projects she participates as choreographer,dancer, singer and music composer. Since 2011 she is a member of Miguel Reyes Sextet and also creates “Ethnómada “ with Trio Olivares. Since 2013 she is a co-founder of “Flamenco Nuevo “ project with the contemporary and experimental singer, Evelin Tóth.
She currently lives in Madrid where besides of developing her actual projects, works as a flamenco dancer in different flamenco tablaos.
Dance Studies :
- folk dance from Moldova and Gyimes
- Hungarian gipsy folk dance
- Isadora Duncan dances
- contemporary-limón technics
- contemporary funky
- contact improvisation
- contemporary expressive dance and improvisation
- the method of Laban, improvisations, excercises
- flamenco dance (Fernando Galán, Concha Jareño, Manuel Reyes, Elsa Rovayo La Shica, La Truco, Carmen La Talegona)